Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tybee Island Day One

I rode the train to Savannah yesterday. I definitely got to the train station way early. It took all of 5 minutes to get my ticket and check my luggage. I had 45 minutes before the train would even arrive. I sat in the lounge and read a magazine. Only one other person got on the train when I did. There were people on the train when I boarded, but it wasn't crowded. I had two seats to myself. The view was pretty nice. The sun was setting right when we went over the river. I tried to take a picture but by the time I got the camera on my phone ready, we passed it. The house is extremely nice. I'm going to try and take some pictures. Now on to the first funny story of the week. My cousin, Dee, was sleeping on the top bunk of one of the bunk beds. This morning he said he was freezing because he didn't have a blanket. We were confused. Well, Tiff (his sister) and I looked at his bed and he hadn't even slept under the covers! He was using a towel as a blanket! Hilarious! He didn't realize that the bed already had blankets on it! Also, some of the family went to a local church this morning. I didn't go, but Dee decided to ride his bike. He said when he walked in the door it was all old people and he was getting evil looks because he was wearing shorts so he left. I find that extremely sad that he didn't feel welcome just because of what he was wearing. I hope that when people come to Old Fort that they feel welcome no matter what they are wearing.

0 comments: