Thursday, September 11, 2008

Politics

For those people that know me, they know I've been pretty active in keeping up with what is going on with the election this year. Most know that I can't stand Barack Obama. While he's nice looking and may be a nice person, I feel like he has little experience, can't speak without using um (a good speaker would be able to do this as I learned this in my college public speaking class), and doesn't stand for anything that I agree with. Anyways, my point is this: I don't care what the famous people think. I wish they would keep their opinions to themselves. They can support whatever candidate they want to. However, I don't think they should try and seek out the media about it. For example, if you go to a concert, you aren't going to hear that person's political views, you are going to hear them sing. If you wanted to know what their views were, then you would go to a political event where they were speaking. I hate it that they feel they should try and influence people by talking trash about the current administration or the party that they are not for. I don't pay money to hear your opinion. I pay money to hear you do your job. So just do it! On another note, I hate it when americans go overseas and bash their own country. I don't care if you like our country or not, but you just make us seem weak because we do not present a united front to other countries. I hate it when people from other countries seem to think they know what's best for MY country. This is MY country. Go back to your own if you don't like the way we do things here. I don't care if you like us or not. Keep your opinion to yourself while you are here. I do not want to hear it. You just make me like the person you are talking against more!

0 comments: