Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cleaning, Organizing, Etc.

Today, I have started the process of going through all my stuff that was in storage. It is not fun. I didn't realize how many things I kept until I started opening boxes. I already have filled one bag full of trash. Sometimes I have to justify things. I have to tell myself, I will never use this again or ask will I ever use this, before I get rid of it. It's a little ridiculous. I threw out all my towels that were frayed so that got rid of a few things. I also got rid of all the clothes I found in various boxes. I obviously could live without them since they were in the boxes for who knows how long. Of course, my goal when I moved out of the apartment was to eventually find someone to get an apartment with, but that didn't happen so all that stuff just sat there. Now my brother has some of my stuff but who knows what he has. I don't even know what I have that he took. My bedroom here has become a junk storage for everyone elses stuff. Obviously, if it's sitting in my room in a box and they haven't used it in years, they need to get rid of it. Just my opinion. Most of it will sit here until who knows when. We have become collectors of junk. I think that comes from my grandmother. I'm slowly learning I can live without. Pretty much the only things that I don't like to get rid of are my books. I keep those because I like to read them over and over again. On a side note, what do you do with negatives? Part of me is like, throw them away but the other part is like what if you want the pictures from them. Then again, how do you know what pictures are on those negatives? It's a complicated question that I haven't quite figured out the answer to yet. I'm just glad that I have digital and so I don't have to deal with negatives anymore. I can just print the pictures that I want to print. Yay for me!

0 comments: