Monday, June 29, 2009

Life

I've currently set my pandora station to the Praise & Worship one I created awhile ago. I was hoping that it would play Everlasting God, but no such luck so far. Anyways, if you read my blog at all, you probably know that I've been struggling a lot with what I'm suppose to do. I'm doing this Bible Study called "When Wallflowers Dance" by Angela Thomas. I have enjoyed it so much. Every day I read something that I needed to hear. This past week was about waiting and what we need to do. The first step was Abide (or remain). The verse she used was Abide in me and I will abide in you. I need to abide in God and not try to give into all the pressures I have on me. Instead, I need to entrust (step two) him with my worries\struggles\problems. Then I need to trust (Step 3) him. He will lead me to where I'm suppose to be. Step four is become. I need to become the woman that God wants me to be. Step five is prayer. I need to pray. The last step is stand. Just stand. I don't have to move but I have to be faithful and trust God. I'm going to try to do this. To abide, entrust, trust, become, pray and stand. I know that God will meet all my needs. Some of my favorite verses are:

Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future."

Psalm 62:8 "People, trust God all the time. Tell him all your problems, because God is our protection."

John 15:4 "Remain in me."

Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

Hebrews 6:15 "And so after waitin patiently, Abraham received what was promised."

A quote I like:

"Wait on God and He will work, but don't wait in spiritual sulks becaue you cannot see an inch in fron tof you!" -Oswald Chambers

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace-
I have that book also! I haven't finished it yet, though.