Saturday, June 6, 2009

Shaving

I've been through a lot of razors since I started shaving. The first one I can remember was a gilette. It had a oval rubber handle and was green. I would get cuts on my legs all the time even though I was using shaving cream. Similar to this:

Then I moved on to the Venus.
For some reason, I would end up losing my razor so I would end up getting a new one. I currently have this one.

I really like it. I use it to shave my pits. However, I don't really like using these on my legs because like I said earlier, I end up cutting myself. I started using the Schick Intuition on my legs.



However, it would end up with rust on it after one use. Kind of irritating. I went to the dermatologist a few years ago and she told me that warts are spread by razors. Great! Then I decided to try the Carefree hair removal system.






You just squeezed the bottle and on the end was a sponge applicator and applied it directly to your legs. No mess on your hands. Then you used a bladeless razor to remove it and rinse of the excess. It wasn't too bad, but you couldn't put lotion on until 24 hours after. Plus, I could only find it at Target. Then I decided to try Veet. Same concept as the Carefree system, but you applied it with your hands.




I stuck with this system for awhile. Mainly because it was easy to find. I still didn't like having to apply it with my hands and didn't like that I had to wait a few minutes before I could get in the shower and wait to apply lotion (24 hours). Then I saw on the tv the new Nair Shower Power. It looked interesting so I thought I would try it.


I tried it this morning and so far I like it. You apply it on your legs using the green side of the sponge. Leave it on for a minute. Then take a shower. The water kind of washes off some of it, but it still works. Then after a few minutes you use the white side of the sponge and wash it off. Not bad! So far, so good. We shall see how long it lasts. As of right now, I think I'm going to stick with this one for my legs.

1 comments:

MillerFourWays said...

Oh sweetie......we really need to get you a job or something to do with your time, dont we? lol

That was the most amusing and random post I think I've ever read.