Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol Wild Card

My predictions were right on except for the third one. Jorge got through. I should've guessed that one. I'm really disappointed in the judges wild card pics. I mean, Tatiana and Von Smith? What happened to the actual singers? I'm glad that they didn't put Nick Mitchell or Normund Gentle or whatever he goes by through. That would have made me extremely angry.

Here we go....

I love how all the people on the floor are these girls. What's up with that. Tatiana just walked across the stage. I can't stand her.

Jesse Langseth sang "Tell Me Something Good"

Her outfit is kind of hideous. She's not bad, but I don't know if she will make it through. We shall see after everyone else sings. Randy seems kind of iffy about it. I love how Kara points when she said your not like those girls that are in a package. Simon seems to think that she has improved. She is trying to be nice towards Simon.

Matt Giraud sang "Who's Loving You"

I kind of like his voice. He's doing a pretty good job so far. The little teeny boppers seem to like him. He did a really good job. I'm impressed. We just saw a behind the scenes guy. Too funny. I really think Simon likes to pick on Paula. Simon thinks he has improved. He is comparing him to Taylor Hicks. I don't see that, at all. He's looking kind of nervous.

Megan Corkrey sang "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"

She needs to work on the dance moves. She's not too bad. I think I liked her the first round. That last note was kind of weird. Paula said she was a little quirky. Simon likes her so that is good. They all liked her song choice. It looks like the judges are rooting for her to stay.

Von Smith sang "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"

He's the only one from this week that was asked back. I think he is terrible. At least that makes the choice easier now. The judges aren't seeming to feel him. He looks really nervous. Almost makes me sad for him.

Jasmine Murray sang "Reflection"

She's not bad, but I'm not overly excited about it. The judges seem to think that she did well. Simon thinks she has improved.

Ricky Braddy sang "Supersticious"

I really like his voice. Now I'm starting to feel conflicted on who I want to get through. The judges really like him except Simon. He's just weird though.

Tatiana del Toro sang "Saving All My Love For You"

She is so overdramatic. I can't stand her. She's not a bad singer, but it's her personality. It just kills it. She definitely is no Whitney Houston. She is wearing Paula's jewelry. Suck up! Paula and Simon were pointing at each other. I think they brought her along for comedic reasons. At least, I hope that's why they brought her on. This girl is crazy! It's the laugh. Ugh! She is such an airhead. This is the song she sang last time? Girl is crazy!

Note: I've eaten 8 cookies so far and some cookie dough.

Anoop Desai sang "My Prerogative"

I'm not as impressed. He is getting a little better. The audience loves him. Randy loved it. Well, all of them seemed to love him.

In the order that I think they should go through:

Ricky
Megan
Anoop
Matt
Jesse
Jasmine
Von
Tatiana

Judges decisions:

Jasmine - made it (I am kind of disappointed)
Ricky - didn't make it (dumb judges)
Megan - made it (thank goodness)
Tatiana - didn't make it (so glad, she is such a drama queen)
Jesse - didn't make it (almost made it into the top 12)
Von - didn't make it
Matt - made it (What ?!?!)
Anoop - made it (I knew it was going to be a top 13, ok, maybe I didn't, but I heard rumors)

I'm pretty pleased with all the choices except for Jasmine. I like her better than Lil Rounds though.

I'm looking forward to next week.

0 comments: