Monday, January 26, 2009

Job

I'm not referring to employment here but the book of the Bible. Right now I'm reading the book of Job in my chronological Bible. This is the passage I just read:

“My relatives stay far away, and my friends have turned against me. My family is gone, and my close friends have forgotten me. My servants and maids consider me a stranger. I am like a foreigner to them. When I call my servant, he doesn’t come; I have to plead with him! My breath is repulsive to my wife. I am rejected by my own family. Even young children despise me. When I stand to speak, they turn their backs on me. My close friends detest me. Those I loved have turned against me. I have been reduced to skin and bones and have escaped death by the skin of my teeth."

Sometimes I feel like my life is bad, but it definitely is not that bad compared to Job. I still have family and friends. They haven't deserted me.

0 comments: