Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Blah Day

As you know, I went on the middle school retreat for the past two days. All the girls that came were in seventh grade. I had three in my room. They all slept in one bed together. I told them I don't care where you sleep, but I'm sleeping in a bed. I guess they felt weird sharing a bed with me since they didn't really know me so they all crammed into one bed. That was fine with me. They were really good girls, a little loud at times, but good. Rich asked me about doing D-Now already and I told him I wasn't sure, but now I'm thinking about telling him I'll do it if I can have the seventh grade girls. The conference was really good. I think a lot of the kids were confused, because a lot of them went forward but they were already saved (or at least that's what they said). They thought they were rededicating their lives, but he said it was for those who wanted to be saved. Anyways, it was pretty uneventful. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to see the ball drop and that I didn't get to see any fireworks and I didn't get to toast with my sparkling grape juice. (I look forward to that). I didn't get to sing Auld Lang Syne but oh well. That's life, I guess. Today we went to the last conference and then drove back. That's about all that happened today. I came home and slept. Michelle invited me to come over for dinner, but when I called her she didn't answer, so I just stayed here. It was kind of a boring day. Not the way I would have pictured my new year starting but oh well. Anyways, I have a few things that I want to work on for myself. I would like to get into better shape. I'm kind of thinking about trying to read the whole Bible in a year in a different version. We shall see how that goes. I need to find a job (that's another one I'm hoping happens soon). I'm thinking about applying for the RLC (Resident Life Coordinator) position at CSU. The pay isn't what I was being paid at my previous job, but I wouldn't have to pay rent or utilities because I would live on campus. That's the downside. Living on campus. I'd have to deal with students around all the time. You can't have guys in your apt with just you there (at least that was the rule when I was there). Not that I EVER have guys over to begin with but still. What if I wanted to have a bunch of people over to hang out? Which probably would never happen anyways.

0 comments: