Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Modgepodge of things

Carrie kindly pointed out to me that I haven't blogged in awhile. Mostly that's because I have nothing to say. My life has been pretty boring. Last week it consisted of getting up, looking for a job, and going to bed (pretty much). Each day had a little variety but overall, it was pretty much the same. Can I say I HATE looking for a job? It is the most boring thing in the world. Seriously! Also, Gobstopper Heartbreakers are the best! Just thought I'd throw that in there as well. I know that you will all want to go by some ASAP since they are only out for Valentine's Day (the WORST holiday EVER!). I'm reading a great book, Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. I really like it so far. I've read about 3 chapters. After that, I have a book called The Firstborn Advantage to read. It looked really interesting. In my Bible reading, I'm on Jacob now. I should make a family tree to see how they are all related. Maybe I'll do that later. I have a lot of free time on my hands right now. I'm thinking about calling up the Crisis Pregnancy Center to volunteer. I've been saying that for over a year now and I should do it, but I always come up with these what ifs? Let's see. I scrapbooked with Michelle last week. I got some stuff done. On Saturday, Carrie began being tourists in our own town. It was a TON of walking. We went to the Audobon Center at the Francis Biedler Forest in the morning. It was a nice peaceful walk. We learned a lot about Swamps and stuff and saw a few animals. The woodpecker, Carolina Wren, White-tailed Deer and Grey Squirrel. Then in the afternoon, we went to the Yorktown. That was a TON of walking. So many stairways. We saw this huge mixer. It was pretty cool. I could make a ton of cookies if I had one of those. We didn't go anywhere today because Carrie had a work emergency. We did go to lunch at Chili's where Carrie, Mary and Charles grilled me about what type of guy I am looking for. They want to set me up. I'm interested to see how this will all turn out. The last blind date I went on (well, the only one I went on) wasn't the best experience. Plus, it wasn't really blind because I had met the guy before and he knew a ton of stuff about me but I knew nothing about him. Anyways, I'm interested to see what this week brings. Should be interesting. I shall leave you with a few pictures from my touristy events this weekend.




2 comments:

MillerFourWays said...

Don't tell Jay Miller you saw a white-tailed deer.....he'd be there in 4 hours with his gun.

Glad you blogged - I check for it every day!

Unknown said...

Well, it's an area kept up by the Audobon Center, so no hunting the deer. Poor Jay! He'll have to find the deer somewhere else.