Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here

I must say, I LOVE Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. I would listen to Christmas music all year round if I could get away with it. I'm kind of disappointed that I don't get to put up a tree and decorate it again. I miss that. Carrie is borrowing my tree and decorations this year so that she can buy a tree after Christmas. I think we are going to put it up and decorate it at bible study after Thanksgiving. I guess I kind of get to decorate and put up a tree even though it's not at my house. I love Christmas shopping. Well, I love shopping too. It's become a tradition for me to drive back Thanksgiving night to get up at midnight to start shopping. Two years ago, Ellisa and I went. It was when they made it a tax free weekend and the outlets first opened. We got to the outlets at midnight and it was packed. I almost passed out in the line at Bass because I was so hungry (I didn't eat dinner cause I was in the car). We went from the outlets to Waffle House so I could get some food. Waffle House is definitely an interesting place at 2 am. We saw a druggie and a drunk. We waited for him to leave and thought about calling the cops but we didn't. Then we went to Wal-mart and looked at all the crazy people sitting in the store waiting for 5 or 6 or whenever they let you start getting the "deals". It was crazy. I know, you are probably thinking well, you are crazy too, but I'm not that crazy. I won't sit in a line for something that I might or might not get. I definitely do NOT stand in line at Best Buy. Those people are just NUTS! Anyways, we bought a couple of items there that we could get without paying taxes on. Then we went to the gas station and picked up a newspaper and then sat in the mall parking lot until it opened which was probably about 10 or 15 minutes. We shopped in the mall and then sat outside Target and watched all the crazies standing in line to get in there. Those people are NUTS as well. We ate our Chick-fil-a biscuits and then walked around the mall some more. We were done by 8. It was great. Last year I went with Michelle and we went to the outlets first, but then decided to go to IHOP (less crazies there and it was across the street) and eat. Then we went back to the outlets at 2 and they were deserted. It was nice. Then we hit the mall like last year. There are some crazy people out there. Then Michelle wanted to find guitar hero for her brother so off we go to Target. I do not understand why people get buggies and head straight for the electronics section. Do they not realize they will not get anywhere? LEAVE THE BUGGY BEHIND! You get to where your trying to go a lot quicker when it's just you. Anyways, we swam through the buggies but couldn't find guitar hero, but found the guitar so we picked that up. Right after we left the electronics section we found the guitar hero that Michelle was looking for. Anyways, we were done about 7:30. This year I'm going out with Ellisa again and maybe her friend Melissa. Should be interesting. It normally is. I'm sure I will have lots to tell about that day so it gives you (if anyone actually reads this) something to look forward to.

Christmas song of the day: Run Rudolph Run

0 comments: