Saturday, November 15, 2008

Flat Tire

So yesterday as I was driving home from after Billy got to the house so I could leave, I noticed my car was making a weird noise. It was only while I was driving though. I didn't think to look at my car when I got home to grab my stuff to go to Carrie's. I'm driving along the interstate, talking to my friend Jody, when it starts to get really loud. THUMP, THUMP... I'm like what is going on. She's like maybe you have a flat tire. I'm thinking, no, I don't have a flat tire. I look in my mirror and I don't see anything. No sparks, nothing. I get off the interstate at the exit to go to Carrie's house. At this point, I'm in the GHETTO. I was like Jody, I'm going to stop at this church and look at my car. When I got to the church, there were people in the parking lot and I freaked so I kept driving. They, of course, were staring at the girl driving the car making the loud noise. I'm driving through this neighborhood and this lady is staring at me because my car is making this loud noise. I finally get to Carrie's house (her neighborhood is in Ghetto lite, as she likes to call it). I get out of the car and sure enough, I have a flat tire. What do I know about cars? Anyways, the next morning Carrie changed the tire for me. I, of course, took pictures. We found a nail in my tire when we (we in the figurative sense, cause I did nothing) took it off. I'm sure the people driving by thought we were nuts. I was wearing my red reindeer pajama pants and an orange tennessee t-shirt of Carrie's. Carrie was standing on the thing to loosen the lug nuts (I think that's what they are called) so that we could get them off. Anyways, we got it off and put the spare tire on. I must say I have a pretty wimpy spare tire. It looked like a bicycle tire. Then I went to Gerald's Tires. I must say, this is one of the nicest businesses I've ever gone to. They always greet you in such a nice manner and you usually get a rose on your car seat when you leave. I only had to pay $8 for a new tire because my previous tire was from there and it was covered under road hazard protection. I was like, YES! I was so worried the whole time I was there about money and God provides. Isn't it nice to know that he watches out for us?

0 comments: