Thursday, December 18, 2008

Graduation

Wow! So my brother graduated from college today! It took long enough. Only 5 years later. I guess that's not too bad. Graduation took like 3 hours! I think we stood for 30 minutes while everyone walked in. Super long! Then we went out to lunner (lunch and dinner combined). My cousin cracked us up with stories about my grandma. He lives with her and she has dementia so she does some pretty crazy things sometimes. She thinks my cousin is adopted, has a twin and his last name is Coffee. She thinks that he plays on Alabama's football team (whichever player's last name is Coffee). The funny thing is that the Alabama player is black and my cousin isn't so I don't get how she gets them confused. It's quite interesting. He said that she will read the same thing over and over again. For example, my aunt got my brother a card that played music for graduation and my grandmother opened and closed it for "four hours" while they were driving here. My uncle said it drove him crazy. He said he eventually gave her the sale ads to read. Anyways, I am currently listening to the Chronicles of Narnia on cd. I listen to it every Christmas during my travels. I've already finished The Magician's Nephew which is the first book chronologically but the sixth book that was written. It basically tells the story of how Narnia came to be. Everytime I listen to it I see the biblical parallels. Aslan is like God. The witch is like Satan. Aslan appoints two humans to be king and queen of Narnia (like Adam and Eve). Right now I am listening to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I'm at the part where Lucy, Susan, Edmond and Peter have all entered Narnia and have just met the beavers. Hopefully, I can remember the parallels and can write more as I listen to it. Sometimes I can't remember things later. I have to write them down right away or I will forget. Oh well, such is life.

Christmas Song of the Day: Good King Wenscelas (I have no idea how to spell that)

0 comments: