Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Not So Christmasy Christmas Eve

We just had a bad storm go through. We lost power for a few hours but thats about it. Then we get a phone call from my cousin saying that the wind had blown his shed away and his porch. A bunch of his stuff was exposed and he is now worried about looters and stuff. I think he has a bunch of tools and motorcycles that are now exposed. What a great way to spend Christmas Eve. Who knows if my brother is going to be here now for Christmas Eve. He might be spending the night at my cousins to help guard the stuff. It's definitely not feeling like Christmas. I guess a lot of that has to do with the weather and everyone is working now and my grandpa not being alive anymore. He used to make me feel like it was Christmas. Every Christmas He would always say I'm going to light a fire in the fireplace so Santa burns his bottom when he comes down the chimney. No more of that. Anyways, another funny grandma story to share. My cousin Tiffany told me this one. She said that is was like 12 or 1 in the morning and Dee (my other cousin who lives with my grandma) wanted to go to bed. So he asked my grandma if she was ready to go to bed and she said no so he took away her walker so she couldn't get up (she was in the recliner). Well, about an hour later, she yells that she wants to go to bed. By the time he comes in there, she changes her mind. This went on for awhile and he finally got tired of getting up so he just ignored her. Well then she starts making a noise every 5 minutes or so. This went on until 8 am. I thought that was one of the craziest things I had ever heard. I have another funny, but I think I'm going to save it for tomorrow. I have a few things that I am working on concerning myself. Things that I want to change\improve about myself. Maybe I'll share those tomorrow or not. We shall see. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas Eve!

Christmas Song of the Day (last one this year): Santa Claus is Coming To Town

0 comments: