Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Heart is Breaking

I got a call from a friend today. She is going through a nasty custody hearing with her husband. He had several people who she thought were friends write affidavits against her or for him. At times, I don't know what to believe. I want to believe what she is saying but at the same time, it's hard. I don't know what to do. Something that she told me just really disappointed me. I don't necessarily know what's true and what's not. However, I just really can't help feeling disappointed in what these people have done. It has affected my opinion of them. I can't help it even though I don't know if it's true or not. I guess I just need to pray for everyone involved in this situation that I've suddenly found myself in the middle of. I'm trying not to mention names at this point because I don't know who reads this or what. Anyways, just pray for my friend, her husband and the kids. You can call them Jon Doe, Jane Doe and the Doe Children. God knows who they are. Anyways, on a funnier note, my cousin Dee comes in and starts talking to my grandma. He normally lives with her. He said Grandma do you know who I am. She said that boy that lives with me. He said do you know my name? She said Dee. He said what's my last name? She said Coffee. Dee Coffee. My mom goes that's Patsy's son mom. My Grandma is like no, that's not her son. I was cracking up. It was hilarious. She thinks that my cousin Dee is 2 people. Dee Coffee is adopted (by my Aunt Patsy) and he plays for Alabama. This is the funniest part. My grandma thinks that my cousin Dee, who is white, plays for Alabama's football team. She thinks he's the black football player with the last name Coffee. I can't remember what position he plays, but it just cracks me up. It always makes me laugh.

Not So Christmasy Christmas Song of the Day: Achy Breaky Heart

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Grace, I know it stinks to be in the middle. But I'll be praying for you as a friend and also that you have the wisdom to discern your place in the middle.